10 Things Mums Wish Were True
2. The bath is the holy grail – a place where no one can interrupt, nag, whinge at or bother you. A no rubber duck zone, only candles, bubbles (of the bath and prosecco type) and chilled anthems allowed.
3. Un-shaved legs are super sexy. Men love that extra layer of cosiness.
4. Black leggings are the height of fashion, especially if splattered with sick, bogeys, drool, and any general food remnants.
5. Saying “No” or “Aah aah aah” will instantly stop any babies/children in their tracks – immediate obedience and mischief is deterred.
6. Cbeebies is presented by the cast of Magic Mike.
7. NCT classes and the like offer wine and cake instead of tea and coffee.
8. All children’s bedroom doors have invisible force fields to prevent any pre 7am visits and parent bed invasions.
9. Every kitchen has an invisible layer of regenerative cling film on the kitchen floor, so after feeding time you simply whip it away and boom, the mountain of crumbs is gone. No crawling on your hands and knees or dust pans and brushes required.
10. The TV remote also has a child mode with a volume button (no more wheels on the bus at 6am on a Sunday morning after your first night out with the girls); a pause button (for when you need to get a few jobs done, have a wee, or sit down and enjoy a cuppa without it going cold); a rewind button (to enjoy and re-live those funny and special moments); a fast forward button (to zoom past those whingy, tantruming, and generally difficult moments); a play button (making the children in your life happily sit and play without a single utterance of “That’s mine“, “I was playing with that!“, “Mummy he’s/she’s playing with my toy“); an info button (a synopsis explaining the baby/child’s current mood, thoughts, and feelings); a help button (used to provide useful information on how to resolve any meltdowns and general issues with minimal fuss); and a record button (to make a permanent record of all the magical times we’ve shared with our little people, so we can reminisce in years to come).
We can all keep dreaming can’t we? It’s nice to dream.
This post was first published here. For more from the very lovely ColleysWobbles click on the image below or one of the recent posts!
[feedzy-rss feeds=”https://colleyswobbles.wordpress.com/” max=”3″ feed_title=”yes” target=”framename” meta=”no” summary=”yes” summarylength=”125″ size=”125″ ]
One thought on “10 Things Mums Wish Were True”
Pingback: YHTL Weekly(ish) Highlights - 26 Jun to 16 Jul 2017 -
Comments are closed.