As if by magic another episode in our ‘So You Think You’re Funny?‘ series has appeared before your very eyes! This time it’s Kimberly from the excellent Media Mummy that has provided the amusing answers to our really rather bland questions. So without further ado, here are those answers – if you enjoy them and fancy taking part yourself, why not drop us a line, via our contact page?
1. Tell us about yourself in 20 words or less:
Optimistic, happy-go-lucky, beer-appreciating, dance-loving, Mummy-attempting, blog-writing, ambitious TV producer/director. (?!)
2. Now do the same as if through the eyes of your worst enemy:
Irritatingly smiley. Horrendous taste in pop-music. Tends to leave a trail of half drunk cups of tea everywhere she goes.
3. When and why did your child(ren) last make you laugh?
3 year old M made me laugh earlier singing the Paw Patrol theme tune substituting words for random silly ones. ‘Paw Patrol, Paw Patrol, whenever you’re in jaaaam’ etc
And Little P who is 8 months made me crack up when she rolled completely under the sofa this evening and started whimpering. Is that terrible?!
4. Do you try to be funny when you are writing? Tell us a bit about your blogging ‘process’.
I tend to just sit and start writing. I can draft nuggets of posts to remind me and come back to them, but I normally need to write the whole thing there and then. Like this. Has to be at the laptop, with soft or no music. I don’t normally try and be funny, but I guess I tweak my posts when I see an opportunity for it.
5. What do you think is the funniest thing you’ve ever written?
Well, I like this post on silly TV titles for parents… Pulls together different parts of my life – my career, silly sense of humour and parenting.
6. What or who do you rate as the funniest…
TV Show? Modern Family.
Comedian? Romesh Ranganathan
Writer/blogger? I laughed my socks off at The Unmumsy Mum’s book.
7. Do your friends/family find you funny in ‘real life’?
Ha! My best friend and I joke that we are the funniest ones of our group. (And of the entire population). This is completely tongue in cheek of course as no one else finds us remotely funny.
8. Go on, tell us a joke.
What does a gay horse eat?
*camp voice & waving* “Haaaaaay.”
Does that work on paper? Yeah so Christmas cracker jokes are my kinda standard.
9. What’s your tipple?
I have many depending on the mood, but I’m a craft beer lover, so a lovely glass of IPA please.
10. If you could only have one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Rib-eye steak. Medium-rare.
11. Complete the sentence; ‘Before I had a child…’
…I would spend much longer than 2 minutes 45 seconds (or 3 minutes 45 seconds if I’m washing my hair) in the shower.
12. In your opinion, what is the worst children’s TV show, and why?
Dora the Explorer. Intensely annoying American voices and massive ‘join-in’ type pauses, plus singing ‘I’m the map I’m the map’ – ARGHHHHH!
13. Please tell us about your blog and why we should visit:
Ooh the sales pitch! OK here we go… Media Mummy is a sometimes funny, sometimes reflective, always honest blog about parenting and the big juggling act that is life as a Mum in telly! I love sharing the little detail I see in life, conversations with my three year old, people and their stories, so whether it’s yours, my children’s or my own, I hope it’s an entertaining read. I’m still new so please share and give me some feedback!