Our comedy interview series, ‘So You Think You’re Funny?‘ rolls into another week with the speed of a puma, the power of a walrus and the comedy prowess of a laughing hyena. And yes, that is a bizarre trio of animals to reference in the opening paragraph of an interview. But did it stop me? Did it bollocks.
Let’s move on from animal metaphors to the actual filling in this week’s comedy interview sandwich – Becca from This Mum Can Fitness. Becca is a personal trainer and parent so knows a thing or two about how hard it is to squeeze exercise around looking after small people! Just think how buff I would look if I spent my time doing exercise rather than penning rambling intros to different things on here. It’s barely comprehensible!
Right let’s have a look at Becca’ s answers below – and if you like what you see you can pop to her blog by clicking the image near the bottom. You’d be cray cray not to.
1. Tell us about yourself in 20 words or less:
I’m Becca, a personal trainer and mum of two and I started This Mum Can Fitness a year ago
2. How would your child(ren) describe you?
I’m not sure…I’m quite lucky that my kids are just 4 and 1 so not quite old enough to describe me!!
3. When and why did you last properly laugh out loud?
This weekend as I was on a good friends hen do. The Mr and Mrs quiz was laugh out loud funny!
4. Do you try to be funny when you are writing? Tell us a bit about your blogging ‘process’.
No, I personally don’t try to be funny when writing. I try and write how I speak so people get to know the real me. I definitely make sure I don’t take myself seriously when writing my blogs!
5. What is the funniest thing you’ve read in the past few months?
I managed to have some time on a little break to Dubai a few months back and I finally had a bit of time to myself and I finished Hurrah For Gin’s book and it was brilliant.
6. What are the best and worst things about becoming a parent?
Best – having two amazing little people who are the biggest things in your life and who grow and develop constantly and who become fabulous little people! I love how funny the are most the time and how we’re both the centre of each other’s worlds!
Worst- the constant nature of it. Sometimes it’s just too much to deal with! It’s a good job my two are cute!!! Ha ha
7. Do your friends/family find you funny in ‘real life’?
Oh god, what a question. I think so…not hilarious in the comedian sense but I’m always on ok form and up for a laugh and definitely don’t take myself too seriously
8. Go on, say something funny!
Cringe…I’m definitely not this kind of funny
9. How did you get into writing and why?
It’s kind of a bi product of my personal training business-I wanted to tell people about me and my story to where I was so people could follow it and get to know me a bit better. I wish I had more time to write stuff but life gets in the way
10. If you could only have one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
One meal…it would have to be thai black pepper beef with steamed rice but it has to be from a little beach restaurant in Phuket as I swear it was the nicest Thai meal I’ve ever had!!
11. Complete the sentence; ‘Since having a child…’
I feel tired…so very very tired!
12. In your opinion, what is the worst children’s TV show, and why?
Little princess – I cannot handle the terrible accents. Even my daughter says “this is rubbish” and turns it off!!
13. Please tell us about your blog and why we should visit:
It’s a blog about the starting of my personal training business last year. Hope you like my story.
Well that was fun, wasn’t it Duggee?! A lovely blog header too, so excellent all round!
We’ll have another excellent interview next week, so don’t forget to check back regularly for more awesome!