As you can see, ‘So You Think You’re Funny?’ has lurched its way into another week and is still proving one of the most popular things we’ve had on the website. I’m not sure exactly what that says about the rest of the website, but let’s assume it’s because people love reading interviews with funny writers!
If this is the first interview you’ve read so far in this series, where have you been?! You’ve already missed 5 very funny people wave their magic wands of comedy at our hastily cobbled-together series of questions. So why not have a look at them all once you’ve finished reading all about Jeff? I’ll remind you at the end of the post, so there’s really no escaping it!
Jeff blogs at Drooling Daddy and lives over the pond in Canada with his nearest and dearest. Without further ado, here are his interview answers!
1. Tell us about yourself in 20 words or less:
I’m a husband and Dad to 3 wonderful kids. My family make me who I am.
2. Now do the same as if through the eyes of your worst enemy:
You sir are an asshole, a happy asshole.
3. When and why did your child(ren) last make you laugh?
When don’t they haha?! The last time was my son a few minutes ago when he called me into his room where he was hiding just to fart on me haha.
4. Do you try to be funny when you are writing? Tell us a bit about your blogging ‘process’.
Not really. If I’m funny in my writing then it’s natural. I find you can’t force humor in writing. As for my blogging process I just write, read it and change what doesn’t sound right. I really should do more but feel any more thinking and I would never publish.
5. What do you think is the funniest thing you’ve ever written?
Hmmm I’m not sure as what I think is funny and what you or others do could be very different but if I had to choose for myself it would be this post
It is about my time in the delivery room and what NOT to say.
6. What or who do you rate as the funniest…
TV Show? TV show right now is The Goldburgs. I grew up in the 80s and can relate
Comedian? Hmmm this one is tough. I’m going to say Mitch Hedberg
Writer/blogger? I’m going with Daddy Poppins. I love his Dad jokes!
7. Do your friends/family find you funny in ‘real life’?
I would like to say yes but probably not for why I want haha
8. Go on, tell us a joke.
What stands in New York, holds a tourch and sneezes a lot? The Achoo of Liberty
My son told me that one hahaha
9. What’s your tipple?
First I have to google tipple, one sec. Ok got it! I would say beer and my favourite is Labbats Blue.
10. If you could only have one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Hands down steak. I love steak, mmmmm
11. Complete the sentence; ‘Before I had a child…’
I was completely messed up, kind of like a train wreak. Then I met my wife yadda yadda yadda.
12. In your opinion, what is the worst children’s TV show, and why?
Caillou!!!! I hate that little brat haha! He is so whiny and teaches all who watches that skill.