Guest bedrooms typically don’t get much-decorating attention, but they deserve it. The guest bedroom is the perfect place to show off your style and personality. It should be cozy and welcoming while also being stylish and modern. Here is how to create a beautiful guest bedroom that looks like it belongs in a magazine.
Add a Bed Bench
A bed bench is a great way to add extra seating and storage to your guest bedroom. It can also be used to put on shoes or store blankets.
When choosing a bed bench for your guest bedroom, consider the following things:
- Check to make sure that the bench will be comfortable sitting on.
- Make sure the bed bench fits your overall design scheme and guest room style.
When styling a bed bench, consider including a couple of accent pillows, blankets, books or magazines for reading when guests spend time there waiting for you or other visitors to arrive. If space permits, consider adding an ottoman too.
Add a Cozy Rug
Adding an extra rug next to the guest bed can help keep feet warm while getting up early in the morning before everyone else is awake. It can also add warmth and texture to any room decor. In addition, going through a section-by-section article will give me more insight on what to do.
Maximize Wall Space
When styling a guest room, choose paintings or prints that are small and simple yet add interest to the walls. You get more bang for your buck when selecting smaller art pieces because you can fit several in one area without it looking overcrowded.
The following are ideas for maximizing your wall space:
- Place prints above the bed or on a wall behind it. This will give your guests something to look at as they lay in bed before falling asleep and waking up first thing in the morning.
- Use more significant pieces of art with similar colors, patterns
Add Plenty of Greenery
Greenery is a great way to add life and color to any room. Consider adding plants or flowers to your guest bedroom, either on the bedside table or on a shelf near the window. This will help make the space feel more inviting and comfortable.
The following are some flowers and plants you can add to your guest room:
- Flowers: Roses, lilies, orchids
- Plants: Ficus tree, ivy, philodendron
Style the Guest Room Bed Like a Pro
The bed is the centrepiece of the guest bedroom, so you want to style it like a pro. The following are steps to styling the bed like a pro:
- Choose a bedspread or duvet cover that is simple and neutral. This will make it easier to change out the room’s look in the future.
- Use shams, pillows, and a throw blanket in different textures and colors to add interest.
- If you have a headboard, use a patterned fabric or wallpaper to add some personality.
- Hang curtains on either side of the bed to create a cozy nook
Styling your guest room is all about adding little touches that make your guests feel comfortable and at home. By adding a bed bench, a cozy rug, plenty of greenery, and stylish bedding, you can create a space in which your guests will love spending time.
Also, be sure to maximize wall space by using shelving or adding a ladder to store extra blankets or pillows. With these tips, you’ll be able to style and decorate your guest bedroom like a pro.