Help, Help, Help!
Watching the little one learn new and exciting things each day is a pretty awesome experience. However, some of them leave you thinking ‘WTF?!’. If only there were some recent examples to illustrate this stimulating hypothesis, I hear you ponder. Here are some such verbal illustrations:
1. He has started pretending to get trapped in an imaginary hole and shouting ‘Help!’ whilst making crab-like hand gestures.
2. He now pretends to fall asleep on the stairs, makes you pretend to wake him up and says ‘Is it morning already?’ (with ascending pitch) before repeating ad infinitum.
3. He walks around with a bin on his head and says it’s a hat. But refuses to wear an actual hat.
4. He hides under our duvet and says ‘What noise? Mummy, 2 dino coming’ before repeating ad infinitum.
5. He wears our sunglasses around the house. But refuses to wear his sunglasses outside, where the sun actually is.
6. He calls everyone ‘girl’.
‘Did you make any friends at nursery today?’
‘Yes daddy 2 friends’,
‘What were their names?’
‘What was the other one called?’,
He also approaches strangers in the park, blows kisses and says ‘Hi girl’. Let me reassure you, he did not learn that from me.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring?! Whatever it may be I will continue to blame Peppa Pig or nursery.
5 thoughts on “Help, Help, Help!”
My youngest also refuses hats but is happy to walk round with a bucket on his head! Thanks for linking up to #FridayFrolics
Such a lovely, heartwarming post to read, my first of the day! All very cute, but I can imagine all very annoying. I can see the sunglasses thing happening here with us, she loves it when we put our sunglasses on her, but hates her own. This post is such a nice way to capture the happy memories of them at this stage. Thanks for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x
Thanks Claire! He’s definitely a lot of fun, if occasionally a bit confusing!! Have a good day!
Haha – bless him! So sweet! We have a lot of the pretend sleeping & pretend being trapped (& random ‘hats’) here too!
Thanks so much for joining us on #FridayFrolics. Hope to see you next time
So funny. One of my twins is convinced that she is a baby tiger. Biting may or may not be involved.
Comments are closed.