Some strange things happened in 2016. Brexit. Trump. Wales doing better than England at the Euros. But even stranger than all of those things combined was that more than one person agreed to answer our interview questions for the ‘hilarious’ and ‘ground-breaking’ So You Think You’re Funny? series. In Episode 1 we featured the lovely Sarah who blogs at Mumzilla – if you haven’t checked out her answers yet just click here and have a gander.
This time we feature the equally lovely Celine, who blogs at Bell From Bow. Her answers to our ‘probing’ and ‘insightful’ questions are below, for your viewing ‘pleasure’. Enjoy.
1. Tell us about yourself in 20 words or less:
Hello. I’m Celine Bell. Mum of boys. Gin fiend. Cheese eater.
2. Now do the same as if through the eyes of your worst enemy:
Ha. She’s the gobby one. Annoying, attention-seeking, and a bit fat. Cute kids though.
3. When and why did your child(ren) last make you laugh?
My almost-three year old, saying very seriously, “I love my penis mummy”. That’s the beginning of the love affair right there.
4. Do you try to be funny when you are writing? Tell us a bit about your blogging ‘process’.
I’d love to be naturally funny, but actually, it takes work. I know I’ve done well when people chuckle when they read what I’ve written. I’m anyone’s if they laugh at me.
5. What do you think is the funniest thing you’ve ever written?
I wrote a piece on the best things about having kids that went down really well. But I think the funniest thing I’ve ever written was my birth plan. Mwah ha ha ha. I was so naïve.
6. What or who do you rate as the funniest…
a. TV Show? I thought Fleabag was THE BOMB.
b. Comedian? Michael McIntyre talks about children in a way nobody else does. He gets it.
c. Writer/blogger? Me?! Nah… Jilly Cooper makes me laugh, so does Mark Haddon. I like a book that makes me laugh so much I’m embarrassed on the tube. Any recommendations?!
7. Do your friends/family find you funny in ‘real life’?
Without wanting to sound like I think I’m hilarious, yes they do. I’m very lucky to have wonderful people in my life who love me, laugh with me, and when I deserve it, laugh at me.
8. Go on, tell us a joke.
Stolen from Twitter: The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.
9. What’s your tipple?
Ideally, champagne. In a less perfect world, a gin and tonic. Failing that, the dregs of the cooking wine. Hey, whatever gets you through the day.
10. If you could only have one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
A meal that my kids don’t steal or sneeze on.
11. Complete the sentence; ‘Before I had a child…’
I was a bloody awesome parent. Organic food, no TV, nice wooden toys, wholesome play. Now it’s all CBeebies, beige food and chocolate buttons for not shitting on the floor.
12. In your opinion, what is the worst children’s TV show, and why?
“Show Me Show Me”. Because it used to be on before anything else, and I knew if I was awake for that I was in for a long day. Although I believe they have some wise words on kites.
13. Please tell us about your blog and why we should visit:
Well, the more visitors I can get the quicker I can sell out and quit the day job. I’ll be advertising loo roll in no time. I blog at Bell From Bow.
For more from Celine you can track her down on social media: