Sunshine Blogger Award
I was recently nominated by one of my very first blogger buddies, Geraldine at Over Heaven’s Hill, to do the Sunshine Blogger Award tag challenge thingy. Much like the other tags out there you answer some questions and then nominate some other bloggers to take part. This one has a nice, sunny list of rules:
First up, the questions, as set by the lovely, award-winning, really rather talented Geraldine:
- If you could live your life as the characters from a book for one full month, what book would you be living?
Probably something superhero-esque! Wouldn’t really be that fascinated by living someone else’s normal life but would be fun to be able to fly and save people for a few weeks. Would make a good story to tell the grandchildren one day too!!
- What did you have as a child that kids today don’t have? And do you still have it?
Loads of things! Like the gun with the little purple strips of banging stuff that stank of smoke! Or the extremely high tech PacMan or Space Invaders! All are still lurking in my parents’ house!
- How have you changed since becoming a Dad?
I’ve become significantly more tired but generally more content! I also write a lot more and go out a lot less! Swings and roundabouts but wouldn’t change it for the world!
- What do you remember most about your teenage years?
Social life! Late teens consisted of playing badminton on Monday, Utopia night club Tuesday and Wednesday, RG1 night club on Thursday, Wetherspoons on Friday and Saturday and Nue Valbonnes night club on Sunday! With lots of football thrown in and a bit of sixth form!
- What music is on repeat on your music box of choice i.e. iPod. I feel old saying iPod. Do people still use iPods?
No idea if iPods are still a thing but the term ‘music box’ definitely isn’t!! On my phone with Google Play it’s generally just dance music from across the past 20 years! Anything lively with a few words and a good beat!
- What is your favourite meal for a special occassion? And who cooks it – you, the missus or someone else?
Our special occasion dinner used to be at a restaurant called Chillis but that closed down. Then we moved to a Chinese buffet restaurant called Furama but now that’s closed down! At home it’s generally chicken fajitas which we cook together – yum!
- How did you meet your significant other and did you know they were the one?
I met Sarah when she joined my team at work. I was her line manager for a while before we got together! And yeah she was the one and still is!
- What are you most thankful for?
Everything really! Particularly being fairly healthy so far and having our little one. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a child so we definitely know that we are lucky and are grateful for it.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Probably back to Mexico – still our favourite ever holiday – the food, drinks, beaches, people and things to do were awesome! No doubt Disney with the little one when he’s a bit older.
- What song makes you happy when you hear it?
Late 90s dance music generally!! Brings back memories of being young and full of optimism (and alcohol!). Also the theme tune to Ben & Holly of course! Big fan of Nanny Plum!
- How did you feel when you first held your newborn baby?
A strange mixture of excitement, relief, joy and dread! Such a massive responsibility handed to you but so happy that he came out healthy!
Well those were my answers! But now for the difficult part of coming up with another 11 questions and 5 people to tag!
Here goes nothing:
1. If you didn’t need the money and didn’t have a little one what would you spend your days doing?
2. Which Disney character do you most relate to?
3. How much time do you spend online per day on average?
4. If horses ruled the world what do you think would be the advantages and disadvantages?
5. If you had to choose between having a giraffe’s neck or a camel’s hump which would you choose and why?
6. If you could meet anyone for dinner, alive or dead, who would you choose? (NB – If you pick a dead person they would be alive during dinner – you wouldn’t just be dining with a corpse. That would be wrong)
7. What is your favourite swear word or swear word combo?
8. What is you favourite time of year and why?
9. What 3 things would you put into Room 101 if you had the chance (ie banish from existence)
10. Why and when did you start blogging?
11. If you could take just one DVD box set with you to a desert island (that had a DVD player and TV obvs) what would it be?
So who shall I nominate to answer those frankly ridiculous questions?!
Let’s go for:
Dawn at Rhyming With Wine
Kimberley at Media Mummy
Sam at Mouse Moo & Me Too
Fran at Back With a Bump
Fran at Whinge Whinge Wine
At least one of these will hate me for nominating them I’m sure, but that’s all part of the fun ?
Also if anyone else fancies answering these questions go for it and let me know!!
26 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award”
Nice answers… Nanny Plum though. Seriously?! Right, my turn.
Nanny Plum is a legend. Also a fan or Miss Rabbit though so there might be a theme!! Happy answering – sorry my questions are a bit ridiculous!!
OK so I started reading this thinking, “ah how nice to be nominated – shame I’ve done it already so I probs can’t do it again, but it’ll be a good read!” and then I got to your questions and decided “bugger that – I need to answer these questions!” I’ll be on with it shortly! Brilliant – cheersing you with a bottle of Hooch and an “N-Trance” soundtrack! :0)
Awww glad you liked the questions!! The answers will be fascinating!! Cheersing you back with a Smirnoff Ice!!
Lovely idea:) I love your questions they are very interesting and funny:)
Thank you! Was a lot of fun to do!
My kids had the guns with the banging smoke stuff (caps), all the old stock must have come down to Cornwall! #KCACOLS
Used to love them! Certainly gave off a stink afterwards though!!
Great Q&A loved your answers Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please
Thanks Nige! Like to do these things from time to time!
I think more tired but content sums parenthood up perfectly! Thanks for a great read!
Thanks very much!! It’s all worth the tiredness!
Ok, now I want chicken fajitas and a chinese! Thanks for joining in with #ThatFridayLinky
I’ll let you know when we’re next making some ?
I like your reply to how you felt when you held your little one for the first time. Very true and relatable. #KCACOLS
It’s a bizarre yet awesome experience!!
Great answers! Really enjoyed reading this! #KCACOLS
Thanks very much! Was good fun!
Don’t think I’d even know what to do in a nightclub these days despite working in one in the late 90’s 😀 those were the days! #kcacols
Loved the late 90s!! I need a night out!!
Nanny Plum, and Ben and Holly in general, is bloody fabulous! She tweeted me, you know… Some great answers. Thanks so much for linking with #KCACOLS. We hope you come back next week.
Big fan of Nanny Plum! Just need a new series now! Thanks for hosting!
I love reading peoples answers to these awards! I would definitely go back to Mexico too, the people are all so friendly and the weather is amazing! #KCACOLS
If you ever go again and have a spare ticket let me know ??
What fun! #kcacols
Comments are closed.