JORD Wood Watch Review – Rugged, Stylish & Unique
I have a chequered history with watch wearing. At University I wore one on each wrist – one analogue one because it was a gift and one digital one so I could work out whether it was AM or PM, following an incident whereby I woke up one morning not completely sure whether it was 5.30am or 5.30pm. Spoiler alert – it was 5.30pm and I felt a little silly walking into our communal lounge whilst people were eating their dinner!
Since then my watch wearing days have passed and I’ve relied on my trusty mobile phone or work computer for time-awareness purposes! Until now that is.
Because now I have a stunning new watch which, like me, is a tantalising combination of ruggedness and stylishness. Unlike me though it’s made out of wood!
Until it arrived through the post I’d never actually seen a wooden watch and wasn’t 100% sure how it would look or feel. But having now worn it a few times I can confirm that it is gorgeous! It looks quite rugged with its dark wood, but the face is made from copper which glimmers in the light and the mechanism is stunning, both on the front and the back of the face. Even the box it came in was lovely – just look at it!!
Believe me when I say I don’t normally get excited about inanimate objects, but this is definitely an exception – even my other half loves it and now wants one of her own!
The watch which I have been proudly wearing is a Dover in ebony & copper and I will now attempt to show its ruggedness and stylishness through the medium of amateur parent blog photography.
1. Dinosaurs love it
2. It looks good on a big crane
3. It doesn’t look out of place in the back of a rugged dumper truck
1. It has a beautiful face (again with personal similarities to its owner!!)
2. It looks good nonchalantly peeping out from a shirt sleeve
3. It looks at home at a lovely wedding in a historic building with Lego wedding favours
As you can see, conclusive proof that it looks awesome in a variety of rugged and stylish environments. It also feels really nice – light, very smooth and with a lovely clasp mechanism. I could bleat on about how lovely it looks for a few more paragraphs but I’ve possibly already reached the stage where it sounds gushing, so I’ll move on to the positives and negatives.
* It looks and feels lovely
* You will attract queues of admirers
* None of your friends will have anything like it
* It’s definitely not cheap (but as I may have mentioned it is stunning!) – there are watches to suit every budget though
* You need to give it a quick treatment every 6 months because it’s wooden
* You might not be able to stop staring at it, with associated impact on your daily life
In summary if you like watches and things that are a bit out of the ordinary there’s a good chance you’ll love the range of watches from JORD Wood Watches. There are loads of styles available for males or females with lots of colours and types of wood and it’s definitely worth a look on their website.
* This post was sponsored by JORD Wood Watches.
6 thoughts on “JORD Wood Watch Review – Rugged, Stylish & Unique”
I must say you are right, that is a very nice looking watch! #KCAKOLS
I like the idea of a wooden watch – it is a sustainable material after all and biodegrades! This one looks great as well, I’m sure my husband would love one. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday
I got a JORD watch for my husband and he loves it. Great aren’t they? x #KCACOLS
I’ve seen a few different variation of Jord watches and they all look great! #KCACOLS
Definitely! Some really nice ones available!
Comments are closed.