Welcome to the #YouHaveToLaugh tag!
We know what you’re all thinking – there just aren’t enough of those blogger-tag-thingies doing the rounds on the interweb these days. Fear not, because we’ve made a whole brand new shiny one for you that is likely to circumnavigate the globe at the speed of… something very fast.
So, you might ask, what is so super-duper-awesome about this blogger tag and why should I invest 7 minutes of my day pouring my heart and soul into crafting the answers, much like Demi Moore did with that clay pot in Ghost (but without the supernatural fondling. Obvs)? After all, we know that you could be watching videos of cats in sweaters and donkeys wearing scarves on YouTube instead.
Well, this tag is all about the funny. It’s even got the word ‘laugh’ in the title, just to really emphasise the point. We like the funny. We also know that you like the funny or else you wouldn’t be here.
So if we like the funny, and you like the funny, then why don’t we do the funny together? Between us we can do our little bit to make the word a happier place. WHO WOULDN’T WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THAT?!
Now, not all of us can be as utterly hilarious as the SmileSquad (and if you are, come join us here!), but to survive parenthood, you really do need to be able to see the funny side of things. This tag is for ALL parents, and not just the ones who consider themselves comedians.
To avoid anarchy, there have to be rules… and they go like this:
- Copy and paste the twelve questions below into your own blog, or if you don’t have a blog, just do it on Facebook. Or the back of your bus ticket.
- Answer them.
- At the end of your post, tag at least 3 bloggers/friends who you’d like to fill out the #YouHaveToLaugh tag and let them know!
- Add two of your very own questions and remove two that you don’t like as much from the original list – it’s all about evolution.
- Use the badge code at the bottom of this post in your own post so that people can click to see this page and these rules!
- Let us know when your post is up by tagging us on Twitter with #youhavetolaughtag at @youhave2laugh and we will retweet it. We’ll also link to it below in this very post so your answers could be seen by everyone else in the world who completes the tag! We could be talking literally
millions thousands hundredstens of people!
1) Fill in the gap: Before I had children I never …..
2) What is the most annoying toy that your child owns or has owned and why?
3) Would you rather be covered in poo or covered in puke?
4) Is Peppa Pig more annoying than Postman Pat is bad at his job? Discuss.
5) What time constitutes a lie-in in your house now and how does this compare to your pre-child days?
6) What is your favourite swear word or swear word combo and when was the last time you used it?
7) Tell us your worst ever nappy or potty training experience.
8) There is no electricity and won’t be for the next week. NONE. After eating the contents of the freezer (assuming you have a gas cooker) what the hell do you do with yourself?
12) What is your favourite funny blog post ever (your own, or someone else’s)?
To kick start this shebang we are nominating:
Dawn from Rhyming With Wine
Gemma from Colleyswobbles
Celine from Bell from Bow
Lisa from Pass the Prosecco Please
Suzanne from And another ten things
Donna from The Sleep Thief’s Mummy
Sam from Mouse Moo & Me Too
Laura from The Unsung Mum
Erica from The Incidental Parent.
Our Lovely Participants
Fancy reading some brilliant responses to our #youhavetolaugh tag? Of course you do! Here they are! (If you can’t see yours here, email us!)