Smoking is an addictive behaviour that can lead to many health problems.
Many are forced to quit smoking after experiencing these health problems. These problems are usually dangerous and can lead to death. Many people are starting to use e cigarettes which contain e-liquid, and it is now the most popular way to quit.
However, you shouldn’t wait until health problems force you to quit smoking! Did you know that quitting this habit can change the appearance of your skin? If you never knew about this, then thank God you found this article.
1. Clear skin
The skin benefits when you quit smoking. This is because of the fact that smoking leads to a drop in oxygen level. Therefore, a smoker’s skin lacks oxygen causing dull and faded skin and in most cases, leads to breakouts. Smoking will make your skin dry and unmanageable. If you quit smoking, you will have a clearer and attractive skin.
2. Quitting smoking will brighten your eyes
As we said earlier, smoking leads to a decrease in oxygen levels and quitting will brighten your eyes. Smoking takes away the oxygen in the system and creates dull skin and eyes.
3. Reduces facial wrinkles
Quitting smoking will make you look younger and reverse signs of ageing caused by smoking. Some of the early signs of ageing include fine lines and wrinkles. These wrinkles can be caused by dry skin and the tightening of facial muscles while “hitting” a cigarette and squinting whenever you try to keep smoke from your eyes.
4. You will have cleaner nails and teeth
Nicotine stains teeth and makes nails yellow. A person who quits smoking will, therefore, see this yellowing dissipate.
5. Glowing skin
Quitting smoking will restore your skin’s natural glow as it makes your skin more moisturized naturally.
Other benefits of quitting smoking
Apart from the positive changes to the skin, quitting smoking has several other benefits. If you quit smoking you will feel better in many ways including:
- Having more energy – When you quit smoking, your lungs will be cleared and the increase in the levels of oxygen will make you energetic.
- Food will taste better as nicotine numbs taste – Do you know that most people who don’t smoke use less spices and seasoning on foods? This is because of the fact that they can enjoy the taste of food. After you quit smoking, you will realise that fresh berries and other fresh fruits will no longer sting your tongue. It is usually amazing how much anything and everything tastes better after you quit smoking!
- It will make you smell better – Nicotine and tobacco make smokers smell horrible. This smell is usually disgusting to nonsmokers. Unfortunately, smokers do not realise this as nicotine numbs their scents. If you quit smoking, you will no longer have that rancid scent on your clothes or in your hair. Even smokers who quit feel the need to rewash their clothes, bedding and the interior of their vehicle to get rid of that horrid odour.
- Enables you to use time more constructively – Most businesses do not allow smoking within their premises. This means that a smoker will have to take a “smoke break” and leave the place whenever they want to smoke. Quitting smoking will open up all that “smoking” time to do something productive.