This week I had one of those days.
The cat had fleas. My husband had a broken arm. My toddler, well he’s a toddler.
I came in from work one day and saw these sexy little cakes had arrived through my letterbox…
“Mummy, William LOVE cakey” said the small person.
Bless him. Like the kind mother I am, I hid the cakes and gave him a yoghurt. These little beauts were all mine and I wasn’t sharing.
The next day I had my day all planned out. When the small one went to bed I would pour myself a
bucket glass of wine and savour every moment of the cakes.
As usual, my day did not pan out as expected. The man-brat was vile all damn day and I found myself asking if it was acceptable to pour myself a glass of wine at
11am 12pm 1pm before 7pm.
I figured it probably wasn’t so I hit the next best thing.
inhaled ate the cake. And I hid it from the small person, I wasn’t sharing.
“Cakey mummy LOOK”
“Ah no cakey darling, look yummy banana eat that instead”.
Caketoppers are a cupcake company that deliver cake by mail and offer next day delivery.
The cakes came presented in solid packaging and were in immaculate condition when I opened them.
They also don’t look like cakes from the outside packaging which makes them easy to hide from greedy toddlers and spouses!
I ate the chocolate cupcake first; it was pretty damn sexy. It was delicious, fudgey, chocolatey and gorgeous. The toppers are amazing, the images are really clear and they are printed onto icing and not rice paper, which is a nice touch.
(And it kept me off the wine)
I decided to keep the second cupcake for later on; to be enjoyed with a glass of wine.
Cake number two was consumed at around 10pm, after about a bottle and a half of wine.
It must have been nice because I ate all of it. (Unfortunately I was too pissed to take a photo or remember eating it).
All in all, jokes aside, I would definitely order these! They were packaged lovely, were a pleasure to eat and would make a lovely gift for yourself or a loved one.
Check out the website at https://www.caketoppers.co.uk/ to see what takes your fancy from their massive range of personalised cakes and cupcakes!
If you’re in the UK you can enter our giveaway to win 6 of these awesome cupcakes with the design of your choosing on them – how cool is that?!
Just make sure you are following our Twitter account @youhave2laugh and that you retweet the following tweet by midnight on Saturday 8th April to be in with a chance of winning! Good luck!
— You Have To Laugh (@YouHave2Laugh) March 31, 2017
The items for this review and giveaway were supplied by Caketoppers in exchange for this post. The views are those of Lisa at Pass The Prosecco Please! Find her at @passtheprosecco on Twitter or @passtheproseccoplease on Facebook.
- Entrants must retweet the tweet above and follow @youhave2laugh to be eligible for the giveaway.
- You must be following @youhave2laugh until the draw is made to remain eligible for the prize.
- By entering the prize draw you are accepting all terms and conditions.
- One winner will be drawn by random selection from all complete Retweets & followers logged during the promotional period. No purchase necessary.
- The winner will be selected at random on 10th April. The winner will be contacted by direct message by 12th April.
- The prize is 6 cupcakes from Caketoppers with the design of your choice. The details of the prize on offer can be found here: https://www.caketoppers.co.uk/item/photo-cupcakes/71638125
- This competition is open to UK residents over the age of 16 only.
- Should we be unable to contact the winner, or should the winner be unable to confirm their acceptance of the prize within 3 days of contacting them, we reserve the right to award the prize to an alternative winner.
- One entry per valid twitter account. Please do not create multiple accounts in order to enter as this may violate Twitter’s terms of service.
- The winner will be announced on our Twitter account and a DM will also be sent.